Thousands of individuals are injured in accidents resulting from the negligent, reckless or willful conduct of other parties each year. Between recovering and coping with significant medical expenses, many injury victims wonder how they will get back on their feet again. Fortunately, residents of New Mexico have access to a premier personal injury litigation attorney Lee Hunt.
Founder of Hunt Law Firm, attorney Lee Hunt has dedicated his legal practice to avenging the injured for 20 years. Knowing that injury victims are often encouraged to settle claims rather than go to court, he believes the best way to obtain maximum compensation for personal injuries is through civil litigation.
Our trial attorneys devise innovative strategies and rely on advanced technology (such as ediscovery) to make compelling and convincing presentations to juries. We have the skills and resources to resolve claims arising from all types of accidents, with a particular emphasis on catastrophic injuries, such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Burn injuries
- Organ damage
- Crushed bones
- Paralysis (paraplegia/quadriplegia)
- Severed limbs/amputation
- Vision/hearing loss
If you have sustained a catastrophic injury as a result of another’s negligence, you may be frightened, angry, and confused. Remember, our personal injury lawyers are here to help. We will offer you knowledge, compassion, informed representation, and superior personal service.
Personal Injury Litigation Handled By Hunt Law
Our personal injury lawyers are highly experienced in handling a wide range of claims arising from:
- Car Accidents — Being injured in a motor vehicle accident is frightening, and head-on collisions, side-impact collisions (T-bone accidents), and high-impact collisions (e.g. speeding) frequently result in catastrophic injuries. Although New Mexico is an at-fault state for purposes of automobile insurance and accidents, collisions resulting in serious, life-altering injuries are best resolved in the courts. Our trial attorneys are fully prepared to litigate auto accident cases and obtain the maximum compensation possible.
- Motorcycle Accidents — As exhilarating as motorcycle riding can be for freedom seekers, motorcycle accidents can lead to serious injuries — fractures, road rash, head and neck injuries — as well as wrongful death. Given the complicated negligence and insurance laws associated with motorcycle accidents, it is crucial to have the powerful representation Hunt Law Firm provides.
- Truck Accidents — Drivers on New Mexico’s state and interstate highways have no choice but to share the road with commercial trucks and tractor-trailers. Because a typical commercial truck outweighs a passenger vehicle by several thousand pounds, a truck or tractor-trailer accident can result in catastrophic injuries for the occupants of a smaller vehicle. Our truck accident lawyers have the skills and experience to hold negligent truck owners, trucking companies, and truck drivers accountable in New Mexico courts.
- Construction Accidents — Although construction sites are inherently dangerous, workers have a right to a safe working environment. Generally, construction workers are protected by Workers’ Compensation Insurance; however, a personal injury claim can be filed when a catastrophic construction injury is caused by safety violations or third-party negligence.
- Medical Malpractice — Individuals who require medical care rely on the competence of doctors and other medical professionals. When a patient is harmed because a healthcare professional failed to provide the appropriate standard of care, victims of catastrophic medical mistakes can obtain the compensation they need and deserve through a medical malpractice lawsuit.
- Nursing Home Abuse/Neglect — Deciding to enter a nursing home or assisted living facility is difficult not only for patients but for loved ones as well. Nursing homes and caregivers have a duty to provide quality care to residents; however, nursing home abuse and neglect is not uncommon. Guided by a principle that every life has value, Hunt Law Firm is dedicated to eradicating all forms of nursing home abuse and helping victims obtain just compensation.
- Product Liability — Manufacturers and distributors have an obligation to provide consumers in New Mexico with safe products and can be held strictly liable for injuries caused by manufacturing, design, or marketing defects.
- Wrongful Death — Losing a loved one is painful, and more so when the death is caused by the negligence of another person or entity. At Hunt Law Firm, we can help surviving family members find justice through a wrongful death lawsuit and will work tirelessly to hold the negligent party accountable.
How much is my case worth?
Because each personal injury case involves unique circumstances and varying degrees of injury, the value of a claim is difficult to predict. Nonetheless, the nature of the accident, the extent of your injuries, and the degree of your liability are key factors in determining the potential compensation that may be awarded to you after personal injury litigation.
If your personal injury lawsuit prevails, you may be able to recover economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages compensate you for financial losses (e.g, lost wages, past and future medical expenses, and lost future income) while non-economic damages are intended to cover intangible losses such as pain and suffering, physical disabilities, and loss of enjoyment of life.
Finally, if the at-fault party’s conduct was particularly egregious or unlawful (e.g. driving under the influence, assault) you may also be entitled to punitive damages that are aimed at punishing the negligent party — punitive damages are capped by state law.
Contact Our Experienced Santa Fe & Albuquerque Personal Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, make sure you seek medical treatment. Once you have begun to recover, contact Hunt Law Firm to speak with our personal injury lawyers. We will take the time to explain all your rights and assess the validity and value of your claim.
Our winning legal team will handle every aspect of your case — investigating the accident, identifying and interviewing witnesses, filing papers in court, presenting evidence at trial — so that you can focus on recovering. Above all, we will fight for your right to the compensation you need and deserve.
Conveniently located in Santa Fe, Hunt Law firm serves clients in Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Raton, Roswell, Los Alamos, Las Vegas and throughout Northern New Mexico. We offer free consultations and never accept any attorneys’ fees until we win compensation for our clients. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can help you along the road to recovery.